In your final year of the Campbellsville University Doctor of Chiropractic degree program you’ll complete a community-based clerkship. The clerkship provides on-the-job experience working with, and learning from, a chiropractor of your choice — anywhere in the country. This unique training for chiropractors allows you to hone your chiropractic skills and gain a deeper understanding of the types of practice and business aspects of the chiropractic setting you choose for your clerkship.
What Makes Our Clinical Experience Clerkship Unique?
In many chiropractic programs, students gain practical experience by working in a student clinic. The Campbellsville University community-based clerkship offers you much more extensive chiropractic training. Once your clerkship site is approved by the department, you’ll partner directly with your clinical educator to tailor your experience to meet your professional goals. Through your community-based clerkship, you’ll:
- Complete your clerkship anywhere in the country! Work with your hometown chiropractor. Work in a city you’d like to explore. Or stay right here in Kentucky. It’s your choice!
- Discover what it’s really like. You’ll work in an actual chiropractic practice. This will help you determine the type of practice, setting and career structure you wish to pursue.
- Learn the business side of chiropractic practice. The chiropractor you choose to work with can provide extensive insights into operating a practice, including patient management, business operations and insurance.
- Experience the chiropractor lifestyle. Discover firsthand the working conditions, the work hours, the weekends and holidays off and more as you work with your professional clinical educator.
- Complete your coursework online. What makes completing your clerkship anywhere in the country possible is the ability to complete your remaining chiropractic courses online. This added flexibility allows you to complete your coursework at a time of day that’s convenient for you.
Training for chiropractors can vary greatly depending on the chiropractic program you choose. You can’t get all we offer from working in a student clinic.
Your Chiropractic Clinical Experience Your Way
Choosing anywhere in the country — and any type of chiropractic setting — allows you to customize your clinical experience to best meet your needs and your interests. This unique feature of the Campbellsville University School of Chiropractic program is ideal for students who want to design their own clinical experience and get a jumpstart on gaining practical career experience.
Consider these scenarios for building your own chiropractic training plan, or create your own.
Miami? Chicago? Denver?
- The Campbellsville University Doctor of Chiropractic community-based clerkship is perfect if you’re interested in exploring a city anywhere in the country. Imagine being immersed in the culture and vibe of a city by being a resident and worker. Then, you’re free to decide where you want to work. Stay right there in your new city or begin your career somewhere else.
Opt for a trusted mentor
- Do you have a trusted chiropractor you would love to work with? Or maybe you know a chiropractor you would like to learn from and emulate. Through the Campbellsville University chiropractic program, you can custom-design your ideal chiropractic training by choosing the clinical educator who will offer you the best personal learning experience.
Drop anchor back at home
- Ready to get back home and open or join a thriving practice? Complete your final year with a clinical educator where you know people, and they know you. You’ll be developing contacts, making a name for yourself and building your professional reputation, all while still in school. Imagine the money you could save by living at home your final year as you complete your clerkship and finish your coursework online.
Enjoy the Unique Advantages of Your Clinical Experience Clerkship
Completing your chiropractic training through the Campbellsville University community-based clerkship will give you hands-on, real-world experience in critical areas such as:
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Patient management plans
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Communication and record keeping
- Professional ethics and jurisprudence
- Technology and data management
- Interprofessional collaboration
- Chiropractic business management
The mission of the Doctor of Chiropractic program at Campbellsville University is to provide training for chiropractors to the highest level of achievement. Your community-based clerkship will help develop you as a clinically distinguished chiropractic doctor who will contribute greatly to the integrity and success of the chiropractic profession.
Let’s Get Started
Your career as a chiropractor is within reach. Take the next step on your professional journey at Campbellsville University School of Chiropractic—recognized as one of the best schools providing training for chiropractors and one of the best values for chiropractor schooling costs. We’re here to help you get started.